Tom Prosek, Trustee, Vice Chairman
Chris Bremer, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Vice Chairman Prosek at 12:00 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL –With a correction made to the date of the last board meeting from April 18th to March 16th, Vice Chairman Prosek
motioned to approve the minutes from the April 18th, 2022 Board meeting, Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
SYSTEM OPERATOR JOB POSTING- Mr. Hanson stated the job posting has received 2 interested candidates. Mr. Hanson and Mr. Carpenter met with one candidate unofficially and ultimately, he decided he would like a “work from home job”. Mr. Hanson stated we are not quite ready to post the job to Workforce Services.
SE Group GIS Mapping- Mr. Hanson stated that Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter met with Eli Frandsen from the SE Group and made some updates to the GIS model. The progress is good. This summer we will work towards “truthing” locations on the mountain.
2021 Audit by Gilbert & Stewart- Mr. Hanson stated that Mr. Stewart, and his assistant performed the onsite Financial Audit on April 25th 2022. The Service Area’s accountant Mr. Rowley was also in attendance. Mr. Hanson stated that the site visit went very well, and we should see the draft audit in the next couple of weeks. The formal Audit presentation will be at the June board meeting.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Mr. Hanson gave an update of the following:
· Badger Meters – Mr. Hanson stated, since the last meeting Mr. Carpenter and Mr. McIntosh worked with Zarbock plumbing and installed the 6” meter at the Iron Blosam, the 4” meter at the Lodge, the 4” meter at the Inn, the 4” meter at the Snowbird center and the 1 ˝” meter at the maintenance shop. Mr. Hanson stated the system is working well and it is very helpful in monitoring the larger properties actual water use. Mr. Hanson stated there are only a couple meters left for installation.
· Mid Gad spring improvement - Mr. Hanson reviewed the final design of the Mid Gad spring improvement project. Final plans will be submitted to the State of Utah for project approval. The plan is to begin work in August and will take approximately 6 weeks.
· Spring Runoff is in full swing, Mr. Carpenter went up in a Snowcat to the Peruvian Spring last week and dug out the mine and diverted the water from the mine, 240 gpm is currently coming from the spring. Mr. Hanson stated we are also diverting water from the Wasatch Drain Tunnel to Little Cottonwood creek at 700 gpm.
· Wasatch Drain Tunnel upgrades – making final plans for the upgrades to the treatment plant. We plan to replace certain critical components.
· We are preparing for the August 9th 2022 Sanitary Survey.
· When the Chickadee sewer main line was realigned in 2020, We abandoned 4 sewer manholes around the Snowbird center. Mr. Hanson wanted to make sure the realignment worked properly before burying the 4 sewer manholes. Time did not allow for the Service area to bury the sewer manholes in 2021. Project to be complete by June 16th.
· Met with Spencer Mitchell from Newman construction and discussed the Lower Sewer Meter manhole/vault relocation. Project will coincide with Rocky Mountain Power quarry feed replacement project.
· Mr. Hanson met with Matt Rogers from Snowbird in regards to the electrical connection for the new Alta sewer meter that is being relocated to the Cogeneration building.
· On May 4th 2022, Mr. Hanson and Mr. Carpenter removed spent media from Filter B in the Bay City treatment plant, on May 5th they reloaded Filter B with new media. Water testing came back clean and Filter B is back in service.
· Grizzly water system – Mr. Hanson stated he has been working with the Town of Alta on the Grizzly water system and Patsey Marley subdivision utilities. The process is ongoing and Mr. Hanson with keep the Board updated with changes and progress.
· The Town of Alta has paid the balance from 2021 labor charges.
· Frozen Fire Hydrant lines in the Alta system. The Goldminers fire hydrant has thawed. The Buckhorn fire hydrant is still frozen. Newman Construction came up to assess and provide a quote for the Town of Alta to lower both the lines to help prevent freezing in the future. Mr. Hanson stated we have not seen a quote as of the board meeting.
· Meadows Pump station improvements, Mr. Hanson stated the Meadows pump station is getting upgraded Scada controls as it has the oldest controls in the system. The Meadows pump station PLC was installed in the 1990’s it is still operational but there are no replacement parts. Mr. Hanson discussed that the PLC’s in many of our sites are now considered obsolete and no longer manufactured. We will continue monitor sites and upgrade outdated controls moving forward.
TREASURER’S REPORT - Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through April 30th, 2022. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, 2022 through April 30th, 2022. These reports are emailed to members of the Board, prior to the Board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of the financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID- Vice Chairman Prosek motioned to approve the bills listed on the check detail dated April 15th through May 12th 2022 as presented by Mr. Hanson and hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT- There being no further business to be discussed, Vice Chairman Prosek motioned to adjourn the meeting at 12:54 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird
Tom Prosek/Vice Chairman