Dave Richards, Chairman
Kate McGuinness, Trustee
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
Steve Rowley, K&C Accounting
Ron Stewart, Gilbert & Stewart
The June 15, 2021 Board of Trustees meeting was held electronically for social distancing due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Chairman Richards at 12:06 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL – With a date correction and a spelling correction made to the meeting minutes brought to the Boards attention by Trustee Prosek. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve 05/18/21 meeting minutes as corrected. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve and Trustee McGuinness seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Gilbert & Stewart 2020 Financial Audit Presentation- Due to a connection issue for Mr. Stewart, Mr. Rowley accountant from Keddington & Christianson started the 2020 audit review for Mr. Stewart. Mr. Rowley presented and discussed the 2020 Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Audit report. Mr. Rowley discussed the Independent Auditors report of the financial statements and Compliance with Government auditing standards. Mr. Rowley went over the Internal Control portion of the audit and stated there were no findings and Salt Lake County Service Area #3 internal controls are good and are producing correct and accurate accounting information. Mr. Rowley then reviewed the State Compliance report and stated Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is within Utah State compliance for the 2020 Audit. Mr. Stewart joined the meeting and briefly went over what Mr. Rowley had discussed regarding the 2020 audit. Mr. Stewart stated that overall Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is in compliance with Utah state law and in good financial standing. The Board of Trustees will review report and will discuss at the July 20th 2021 Board meeting. A copy of the 2020 Audit Report is attached to the minutes for review.
Public Hearing Open- Chairman Richards opened the public hearing at 12:28 pm to discuss and approve Property tax rate resolution. Let it be noted that there were no public present.
Public Hearing Resolution 2021-2 Property Tax Rate- Let it be known there was a mistake in Resolution numbering it has been corrected to show correct resolution number as 2021-2 not 2021-1 as discussed in the meeting recording. Mr. Hanson discussed the 2021 Property Tax Rate Resolution. The 2021 property tax revenue for Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is $30,176.00. The property tax rate for Salt Lake County Service Area #3 will be 0.000098. The tax valuation of Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is at $307,914,817.00. Chairman Richards made a motion to adopt and approve the 2021-2 Property Tax Resolution. Trustee Prosek second the motion and it was unanimously carried. A copy of Resolution 2020-2 is attached to the minutes for review.
Public Hearing Closed- Public hearing closed at 12:40pm.
2020 Consumer Confidence report- Mr. Hanson discussed the yearly report required by the EPA and Division of Drinking water. This report is an opportunity to share information with our customers on the water systems operations and the water quality provided. A copy of the consumer report is attached to the meeting minutes also available at www.canyonwater.com.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Badger Meter update– Mr. Hanson stated that to date Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter have installed 63 remote meters and are in service. Mr. Hanson stated we currently waiting on remote end points which are on back ordered. SA3 is working with the Snowbird plumber and Zarbock plumbing to continue installing the larger remote meters in the hotels.
Cottonwood Improvement District- Mr. Hanson stated CID came up last week and TV’d the new sewer line installed last summer. Mr. Hanson stated that everything looks great and is in working order. The abandoned sewer lines were also TV’d to make sure we could plug them. Mr. Carpenter has installed the plugs in the pipes of abandoned manholes 124, 125, & 126. SA3 will monitor the ground water situation to be sure we can plug them permanently with concrete and dirt in the near future.
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Declaration of candidacy was completed for the upcoming trustee election for two trustee board seats for Salt Lake County Service Area #3. The following three candidates were certified in compliance with Utah State code 17A-1-305, Election will be held Tuesday November 2nd 2021.
Mr. Thomas Prosek
Mr. Chris L. Bremer
Mr. Jacob Treadwell
· The New SCADA Server has been installed, and working well. Mr. Hanson is in the process of researching a better alarm notification system. As the current system needs updating.
· Hidden Peak water line is still frozen, SA3 continues to work with Snowbird on this issue.
· EPA mandated Risk and Resilience assessment, Mr. Hanson stated this a tool the EPA has come up with to assess the risks of the entity. Mr. Hanson is also working to update SA3’s current Emergency Operation plan which was last updated in 2016.
· Hellgate reservoir road has been repaired, currently waiting on new headphones for the geo locator to attempt to locate the leaking water in the hellgate line.
· 2 of the 3 Alta fire hydrants that were found frozen this spring have thawed and the 3rd was not frozen it had internal damages that Mr. Carpenter found and has since repaired.
· Mr. Hanson is working with the Alta Town Council on their water rates.
· Mr. Hanson discussed the of selling 1999 chevy truck. Not worth the money it would take fix it. Mr. Hanson will keep the board up to date on the process.
· Service Area staff and board will begin salary and succession discussion at the July 20th 2021 board meeting.
TREASURER’S REPORT Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through May 31st, 2021. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st 2021 through May 31st 2021. These reports are emailed to members of the board, prior to this board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID Chairman Richards moved that the bills listed on the check detail dated May 14th through June 10th, 2020 as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the check detail. Trustee McGuinness motioned to approve. Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business to be discussed, Chairman Richards motions to adjourn the meeting at 1:17 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird